Hi loves! February was quite good for me. Here is a summary of my month.
I bought merely 4 books this month, as my miserly self is trying to save money for later(aka bigger) book hauls.
They are :
His Dark Materials Series by Philip Pullman
I just saw a teaser trailer of a TV series released by HBO based off “His Dark Materials Series” by author Philip Pullman and was so overjoyed that I had bought the book series a week prior to that. Coincidence, anyone? Nevertheless, I am quickly gonna devour the series so I can watch the TV show which also stars Lin Manuel Miranda!
The Unbearable Lightness of Being by Milan Kundera
I ordered this book specifically so I could see what the hype surrounding this book is all about. The lovely Rhea, owner of the bookstagam account @rufusreads has created a #kunderabookclub with this book being the first to be read by the noted French writer Milan Kundera.
Little Women By Louisa May Alcott
I remember borrowing this book from my school library as a teen and sobbing after a particular character died in the book. I am hoping to reread this book again.
Emergency Contact by Mary H.K. Choi
I bought this book due to the hype surrounding it last year on bookstagram. It has received mixed reviews but I am willing to give it a chance.
- I watched the movie ‘Insidious: The Last Key’ on Amazon Prime Video, which was decent.
- I also started watching season 1 of Office on Amazon Prime. Yes! it is the 90s show “Office” starring Steve Carell and John Krasinski, among others, that I am watching for the first time in 2019. Well! Better late than never. My expectations were way higher for the show, and I was quite disappointed that I wasn’t rolling with laughter at every second of each episode. But as a good friend put it, the show has good humour sprinkled across many episodes, so, I am not giving up on the show, not yet. P.S. I ship Pam and Jim. And Dwight is insufferable!
- I am halfway through Animal Farm by George Orwell and the plot seems way too identical to day-to-day occurrences in current politics, and to think that this book was published in 1945!
- I also read a review copy of an ARC called “Dreamer” by Ja-Mel Wilson for a blog tour.
- I bought a few Kurtis (Indian ethnic wear) for work.
- I didn’t study at all for a competitive exam that I am going to give next year, but I will do double the work in March.
- My mental health was quite low at the end of the month, but at the same time, I started seeing a new therapist and I feel there will be good progress in my mental health, though I have had just two sessions with her.
Also, last but not least, Spotify has recently launched in India! I am so happy. Apple Music is good, but I am glad the number one music streaming service in the world aka Spotify is finally available in my country.